What is Sizzle Magazine?
Founded in 2004, Sizzle: The American Culinary Federation quarterly for students of cooking is a free award-winning quarterly digital magazine that features articles about the latest culinary trends, step-by-step cooking demonstrations, recipes, interviews with leading chefs in the industry, features on culinary career paths, and student news and opportunities. Sizzle is enjoyed by culinary students, professionals and foodies across the U.S. and abroad. Articles featured in the spring 2015 issue include:
- Learn how to prepare veal Oscar two ways.
- Gain insight into culinary crowdfunding.
- Discover the pickling menu trend.
- Explore a career of recipe tester.
- Perfect your roulade skills in “By Degrees.”
- Delve into French cheese.
- Learn from the experience of Richmond, Virginia, chef Lee Gregory.
- The culinary industry is vast. Learn about the people who work in unique food jobs.
Read the current issue Here.
Get the Sizzle App! Sizzle is available as a free app on the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Google Play for Android smartphones and Amazon Kindle Fire! Enjoy all that each issue has to offer right at your fingertips.
Instructor Resources Educators are encouraged to tell students about Sizzle and use it in the classroom as reading assignments or as a tool for discussions. Download our 2014 editorial calendar to see what topics will be covered this year. You can also download the Sizzle flyer (1.32 MB) to print and distribute to students, as well as the Sizzle app flyer (1.08 MB). Please encourage students to take our comprehensive quiz at the end of each issue. Answers are posted on our Sizzle archives page. More